Lead Preschool Teacher
Submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Full-time
- Develop and carry out lesson plans and activities
- Provide guidance to the Associate Preschool Teacher
- Maintain a clean and safe classroom environment
- Supervise and interact with the children in all areas of the program – actively participate in all appropriate activities, including (but not limited to); music, snack and meal time, art, free play, active play, outdoor play, story time, clean up time, and toilet time
- Establish an environment that supports children’s independence and development
- Promote and model good hygiene
- Follow all center policies and adhere to NH Child Care Licensing Rules
- Exercise tact, discretion and maintain confidentiality
Must meet NH Child Care Licensing qualifications for Lead Teacher:
- A lead teacher in a center based program shall have a high school diploma or general equivalency diploma, be at least 18 years of age, have a minimum of 1000 hours experience working with children in a licensed child care program, and meet one of the following pre-service training/education options:
- A minimum of 18 credits in child development, early childhood or elementary education, or other field of study focused on children from a regionally accredited college or university, including at least 3 credits in child growth and development;
- Documentation of a non-expired child development associates (CDA) in center based programs awarded by the council for professional recognition;
- A credential from a teacher preparation program accredited by MACTE; or
- Documentation from or on file with the department that she or he was qualified for and employed in the position of lead teacher on or before the effective date of these rules in 2017.
Benefits include two one-week long paid seasonal breaks (one in December and one in July), in addition to PTO.
Calling All Substitutes...
DCP is always looking for people to be on our substitute list. Some teaching experience is preferred but not mandatory. Please contact us for further information: email@example.com